HAYS STATE PRISON
FAX: (706) 857-0624
POPULATION: ADULT MALE FELONS
SECURITY LEVEL: CLOSE
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS: Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays
Close security facility serving the Department through housing and managing some of the state's most challenging offenders. Provides offender population with a variety of structured programs intended to minimize recidivism and initiate an effective re-entry program. Houses a Faith & Character based dormitory and serves as the host facility for the Paulding Probation Detention Center. This is a Tier I & II facility.
Hays State Prison is comprised of 10 general population dorms, consisting of 62 beds per dorm for a total of 620. One Fast Track building housing 256. There are six Special Management Unit dorms consisting of 218 beds. Hays Annex consists of 8 dorms with 50 beds per dorm for a total of 400 beds. The outside fire station has 10 beds and the infirmary has 9 beds. We also house approximately 500 level II mental health offenders throughout the institution. This facility also houses a C.E.R.T. Team, two Tactical Squads, a Special Management Unit (SMU), a Canine Unit and a Fire Station.
- OPEN DORMITORY
- SINGLE CELLS
- FAITH/CHARACTER DORMS
Hays Annex sends out 14 revenue contract details which include the Department of Transportation, DNR Counties of Chattooga, Catoosa, and Whitfield as well as the cities of Trion and Ringgold. GCIC Optics, GCI Mattress and Aramark Food Service are also supported by offender labor.
- Academic: General Education Diploma, Adult Basic Education, Literacy
- Counseling: Family Violence, Moral Reconation Therapy, Motivation for Change, Thinking for a Change, Career Center, Behavior Stabilization, Re-Entry, Matrix, Anger Management
- Recreation: General Recreation, Intramural Sports
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Kairos, Faith/Character based dorm
- Vocational/OJT: General Office, Laundry, Warehouse, Barbershop, Grounds-keeping, Optics and Mattress Industry, Food Service, Building Maintenance, Custodial Maintenance, In 2 Work (Food Service)
Take I-75N to Exit 306, Adairsville/Summerville Exit. Turn left onto Hwy 140 West for approximately 19 miles. Turn right onto Hwy 27 north for approximately 14 miles to Summerville city limits. Continue through Summerville for approximately five miles. Entrance to Hays State Prison is on the right.