Contraband Arrests at GDC Facilities
1) On Thursday, November 3, 2011, Deangelo Douglas and Quinton Tumbling were arrested by the Turner County Sheriff's Department. They drove by an inmate work crew from Turner Pre-Release Center and threw cigarettes and marijuana out of the vehicle.
2) On Saturday, November 5, 2011, Marcus Jamison was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department at Valdosta State Prison in Valdosta. He was visiting an inmate at the facility when an officer saw him place contraband in a potato chip bag. The bag contained 26 balloons of marijuana and an additional 40 balloons of marijuana were found in his possession.
3) On Saturday, November 5, 2011, Rebecca Freeman was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department at Valdosta State Prison in Valdosta. She was at the facility to visit an inmate when officers found 11 balloons of ecstasy pills and nine balloons of marijuana in her possession. She admitted to having other drugs in her possession and officers found bags of marijuana, digital scales and pint bags in her vehicle.
4) On Saturday, November 5, 2011, Antonio Davis was arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department. He was seen throwing packages over a fence at Valdosta State Prison in Valdosta and fled on foot. He was later apprehended by authorities and arrested when drugs were found in his vehicle and text messages related to the contraband drop at the prison were found in his cell phone. Davis is currently serving probation.
5) On Tuesday, November 8, 2011, William Bradford and Dana Roberts were arrested by the Reidsville Police Department. During a traffic stop, they told police they were headed to Rogers State Prison in Reidsville to drop off contraband, including 51 bags of tobacco, eight bags of chewing tobacco, two bags of cigars, one box of rolling paper, four lighters and three cell phone chargers.
6) On Saturday, November 12, 2011, Sharesa Ponder was arrested at Telfair State Prison in Helena. She visited an inmate at the facility and admitted bringing him tobacco. Authorities later found two bags of marijuana in her possession.
7) On Saturday, November 12, 2011, Brenita Armstrong was arrested by the Ware County Sheriff's Office at Ware State Prison in Waycross. Marijuana was found in her possession and two cell phones wrapped in electrical tape were found in her vehicle.
8) On Saturday, November 12, 2011, Tahrus Smith and Jaquiel Rogers were arrested by the Ware County Sheriff's Office. Rogers was seen throwing an item over a fence at Ware State Prison in Waycross and fled on foot. Smith and Rogers were later apprehended by authorities. Smith is currently on Parole.
9) On Sunday, November 13, 2011, Angela Clark was arrested at Smith State Prison in Glennville. She was at the facility to visit an inmate when marijuana was found in her possession.
10) On Tuesday, November 15, 2011, Tawanda Mobley and Terry Collins were arrested at Rogers State Prison in Reidsville. Contraband found inside their vehicle, included 32 one-ounce packages of marijuana, 190 packages of tobacco, cigars and rolling paper. Collins is a former inmate.
The Department of Corrections is committed to identifying and pursuing prosecution of those persons who attempt to introduce contraband into state facilities.