601 TAYLOR STREET
AUGUSTA, GA 30901
(706) 721-1650 / FAX:
ADULT MALE FELONS
Assist residents in making a successful transition back into the community by providing social and employment skills. Augusta State Medical Prison is the host facility.
A single floor with two, four and eight-man rooms. The two-man rooms are handicapped accessible.
27 residents are assigned as permanent workers in food service, sanitation and building maintenance. 173 residents are assigned to work release.
- Academic: General Education Diploma, Adult Basic Education, Literacy
- Counseling: Moral Recognition Therapy, Personal Budgets, Personal Budgeting, Parole Pre- Release, Parenting Skills, LE Of Ex-Offenders, Choices For Good Health, Housing Services, Victim Impact, The Five Deterrents, Five Steps To Problem Solving, How To Change Your Thinking, Is It Being Assertive Or Aggressive, Goal Setting, Human Reproductive Anatomy & Physiology- Contraceptive, STD, HIV & Risk Reduction, Stress Management, Male Health Care, 12-Step Group, BASIC World Of Works, Job Readiness, Work Adjustment
- Recreation: General Recreation, Community Volunteer Work
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Taleem, Gospel Choir
- Vocational/OJT:Food Services, Maintenance, Laundry, Barbering
Take I-20E to exit 199, Washington Road. Turn right and proceed approximately five miles. Washington Road will become Calhoun Expressway and as you come off the bridge, it becomes Greene Street. Turn right on Seventh Street and then left onto Taylor Street. The Augusta Transitional Center is on the left in the next block at the corner of Sixth and Taylor.
Directions and Map
Please enter an address below, and click "Submit" to get directions to this facility. Written directions are displayed below the map.
(Directions from Atlanta are displayed by default.)