P.O. Box 769
414 Valley Hart Road
Hartwell, GA 30643
FAX: (706) 856-2646
POPULATION: ADULT FEMALE FELONS
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS:Alternated Visitation Days (Saturday M-Z; Sundays A-L); State Holidays
Ensure public safety and effectively house female offenders while operating a safe and secure facility. In addition: house female offenders that are medium and minimum security; and house Level II outpatient Mental Health offenders.
Seven open dormitories with 436 beds; and six (6) segregation/isolation cells.
Outside work details include assignments for Hart, Elbert, & Madison Counties; the Cities of Elberton, Lavonia, Royston, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Natural Resources.
- Academic: General Education Diploma, Literacy Remedial, Adult Basic Education
- Counseling: Moral Recognition Therapy, Matrix, Relapse Group, Motivation for Change, Re-Entry, Active Parenting, Family Violence
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study
- Vocational/OJT: Custodial Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Laundry, Building Maintenance Repair, Food Preparation, Baker, Cook Apprentice, and Kitchen Helper
Take I-85N to Exit 173, Lavonia/Hwy 17. Go right onto Hwy 17 South into Lavonia. At the traffic light, take a left onto Hwy 59, cross the railroad tracks and follow until it intersects with Hwy 77 and turn right. Follow Hwy77 into Hartwell and then make a right onto Hwy 172 towards Bowman. Whitworth Women's Facility is three miles on the left.