eVerify ID #41699, Authorized June 28, 2007
WALKER STATE PRISON
P.O. Box 98
97 Kevin Lane
Rock Springs, GA 30739
FAX: (706) 764-3613
POPULATION: ADULT MALE FELONS
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS: Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays
Specially designated Faith & Character Based prison that provides a pro-social, programmatic environment for change to those offenders who voluntarily request to participate in the program. Fosters moral character development and cultivates pluralistic spiritual enrichment.
Consists of 12 open dormitories, 10 housing from 50 to 74 offenders with one housing nine incentive offenders. Houses up to 200 probation RSAT male detainees in the NW RSAT center. Eight offenders are housed at the Fire Hall. This facility also houses a Fire Station.
- OPEN DORMITORY
- SINGLE CELLS
- Academic: GeMotivation for Change, Moral Reconation Therapy, Thinking for a Change, Matrix, Faith & Character Based Programming, Spectrum Program and a Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) program that offers; Individual and Group Counseling, a Career Center, Veterans Services, Family Services, Cross Roads program, Fatherhood Services, and Prison Fellowship Mentoring.
- Recreation: General Recreation/Wellness Walk
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study
- Counseling: Motivation for Change, Moral Reconation Therapy, Thinking for a Change, Matrix, Faith & Character Based Programming, Spectrum Program and a Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) program that offers; Individual and Group Counseling, a Career Center, Veterans Services, Family Services, Cross Roads program, Fatherhood Services, and Prison Fellowship Mentoring
- Vocational/OJT: Food Preparation, Building Maintenance, Mechanics, Laundry, Warehousing, Custodial Maintenance, Metal Fabrication, Baker, Cooking, Barber, Outside Maintenance and Outside Grounds
Provides work to Catoosa and Walker counties as well as the City of Fort Oglethorpe.
Take I-75N to Exit 320, Resaca/Lafayette. Turn left onto Hwy 136 and travel for 6.6 miles. Turn right at the stop sign, continuing on Hwy 136 west, through the Villanow Community for 14.5 miles. Turn right at the stop sign onto Hwy 151 and travel for 1.8 miles. Turn left onto Hwy 95 north and travel 7.7 miles to the red light at Hwy 27 in Rock Spring. Turn left onto Hwy 27 south and travel for 1.2 miles to Guy Williams Road just past Northwestern Technical College and across from Grace Baptist Church. Turn right onto Guy Williams Road and travel 1.1 mile. Turn right at the stop sign onto Straight Gut Road and travel for .5 miles to Walker State Prison entrance at Kevin Lane. Turn left onto Kevin Lane, and then left at the second drive in front of the Prison's Fire Station to the A-Unit Bunker Entrance. (Walker State Prison is 39 miles from I-75)