COASTAL STATE PRISON
P.O. Box 7150
Savannah, GA 31408-9677
FAX: (912) 966-6799
POPULATION: ADULT MALE FELONS
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS: Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays
Ensure public safety and effectively house offenders while operating a safe and secure facility while providing diagnostic intake services for the Strategic Intervention Program (S.I.P.). S.I.P. consists of an Intensive Re-Entry program, a Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) program for inmates as well as a Probation RSAT program. Houses a Faith and Character Based program and provides supportive living housing for ADA inmates. Host facility for the Coastal Transition Center and the catchment for Savannah Probation Office.
Housing consists of twelve housing units. Six units contain 36 cells each, the cells are divided into 12 two-man cells and 24 four-man cells. Each of these 6 units has 120 beds, totaling 720. There are four units which have open bay dormitories totaling 846 beds. There is one unit with 184 beds which houses 92 Faith and Character inmates and 92 Incentive Inmates, one segregation unit with 74 beds, and an Infirmary with 12 beds. There are a total of 1,836 beds at Coastal State Prison. This facility also houses an abbreviated Diagnostic Unit, and a Tactical Squad.
- OPEN DORMITORIES
- BOOT CAMP
One D.O.T. detail, two Garden City details, institutional details including maintenance, grounds, warehouse, food service, laundry, sanitation/janitorial, barbers, library and educational aides, Career Center Clerks.
- Academic: GED, ABE, Literacy
- Substance Abuse: Motivation for Change, Matrix (early recovery skills), RSAT
- Counseling: Detour, MRT, Active Parenting, Re-entry, Thinking for Change
- Library: General library, Legal Library, Career Center
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services and Bible Study
- Vocational/OJT:Food Service, Maintenance, Barbering, Warehouse, General Clerk, Custodial Maintenance, Grounds Keeping
Take I-75S to I-16E to I-95N (just outside Savannah) to exit 104. Exit right onto Airlines Drive, then turn left onto Gulf Stream Road. Cross one set of railroad tracks and turn right at the sign.