P.O. Box 16158
Atlanta, GA 30321
FAX: (404) 675-1471
POPULATION: ADULT MALE FELONS
SECURITY LEVEL: MINIMUM
Assist residents in making a successful transition back into the community by providing social and employment skills. Atlanta Transitional Center is the host facility.
Two units with 376 residents. Unit one accommodates all orientation and phase I residents. Unit 2 accommodates advanced Phases II & III residents. The facility is handicapped accessible and meets ADA requirements.
Residents are assigned as permanent workers in food service, sanitation, building maintenance, barbering, laundry, vehicle maintenance and grounds keeping. The remaining residents are assigned to work release.
- Academic: General Education Diploma, Adult Basic Education, Literacy Remedial
- Counseling: Pre-Release, Work Adjustment, Health Awareness, Employment Readiness, 12-Step Group, BASIC World of Works, Odyssey courses, Anger Management
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study
- Vocational/OJT:Food Services, Maintenance, Laundry and Barbering
Take I-75S to Exit 237, Forest Park/State Farmer's Market and turn right onto Forest Pkwy. Turn left at the first traffic light onto Frontage Road and turn right on the first street on the right, Falcon Drive; Clayton Transitional Center is the second building on the right.