eVerify ID #41699, Authorized June 28, 2007
CENTRAL STATE PRISON
FAX: (478) 471-2095
POPULATION: ADULT MALES
CONSTRUCTED: 1978 CAPACITY:1153
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS: Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays
Ensure public safety and effectively house offenders while operating a safe and secure facility. Houses general population and Mental Health Level III offenders. This facility also operates a Correctional Industries Garment Factory. Facility is a central tool, vehicle storage and warehouse for the Offender Construction Division. Sex Offender Release Site. Host facility for the Macon Transitional Center.
Six living units each, containing four pods. Each pod has 12 two-man cells. Half of one unit contains 24 Isolation/Segregation beds. 141 beds are reserved for Mental Health Level III. A separate "fast track" unit houses 288 general population offenders in four open dormitories with 72 beds per dorm. This facility also houses a C.E.R.T. Team and a Canine Unit.
- OPEN DORMITORY
- SINGLE CELLS
Correctional Industries, Mobile Construction
- Academic: Literacy/Remedial, Adult Basic Education, General Education Diploma Preparation
- Counseling: Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous, Motivation for Change, Thinking for a Change, Case Management, Individual Counseling, Family Violence, Moral Reconation Therapy, Lifer's Confronting Self Concept, Health Awareness
- Recreation: General Recreation, Wellness Program, Special (Mental Health/Mental Rehabilitation) Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Pastoral Counseling, Religious Education
- Vocational/OJT:Carpentry, Plumbing, Building Maintenance, Correctional Industries Garment Manufacturing
Take I-75S to I-475S/GA-408 South and exit #177 towards Valdosta. Travel 11.5 miles. Take Exit #3 for US-80 toward Macon/Roberta. Turn right onto US-80 West/Eisenhower Pkwy/Georgia 22 West. Travel 1.6 miles and turn left onto Fulton Mill Road. Travel 1.5 miles and Central State Prison is on the left.