What is Risk Reduction Services?
A unit within the Georgia Department of Corrections mandated to reduce recidivism by providing research-based programs
What is the mission of Risk Reduction Services?
Increasing public safety by reducing recidivism
What are the goals of Risk Reduction Services?
- Provide constitutionally mandated or legally required programs
- Implement evidence based programs that target crime-producing behavior
- Focus on changing criminal thinking and reducing criminal behavior
- Standardize "Best Correctional Practices" in Georgia
How are offenders identified and selected for risk reduction interventions?
An assessment process identifies offender risk
What are the primary targets of effective offender interventions?
- Criminal thinking
- Substance abuse
What is the fiscal benefit of implementing interventions
that target crime-producing behavior?
A 1% reduction in recidivism results in a savings
to the taxpayers of millions of dollars.
Who are our partners?
- Federal agencies
- State and county agencies
- Non-profit and community-based organizations
For More Information Contact:
Risk Reduction Services Section/Operations, Planning & Training Division
State Offices South at Tift College
Upshaw Building 5th Floor
PO Box 1529
Forsyth, GA 31029