The Human Resources department at GDC Headquarters is the primary human resources office for the Georgia Department of Corrections. It is responsible for all human resources functions for the approximately 10,500 employees.
The central office Human Resources department provides support to the agency's employees by developing, coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and administering personnel functions agency wide. Additionally, it provides oversight, consultation, technical assistance, and policy direction for corrections facilities and various departmental units located across the state, which are responsible for carrying out personnel functions at the local level.
To inquire about current employment opportunities at the Georgia Department of Corrections, you may call the GDC Jobs Hotline at 1-888-343-JOBS and select #4, or 478-992-5211 or visit GDCjobs.com.
For GDC employees or newly hired employees, who need access to the agency's benefits, employee resource center, or employee support services, go to GDCjobs.com and click on the "Working" tab.
Contact the Call Center at 404-656-4661
- The Call Center is a centralized team within the Administration division committed to providing quality customer service in handling offender information inquiries
- Supports the Headquarters staff, State Prison facilities, and the Board of Pardons and Paroles
- Team of 20 handles approximately 25,000 - 30,000 calls per month
- Utilizes state-of-the-art technology/equipment in providing services to Georgia citizens
- Oversee repair and services for 1,500 agency state vehicles
- Headquarters, located in Forsyth, Ga., operates a 13-bay automotive facility providing services in engine, transmission, brake & suspension, body & paint shop
- 18 facility maintenance sites across the state of Georgia
- $1.5 million in annualized cost savings
- Offenders who meet classification requirements can receive On-the-Job Training for Automotive, Diesel, and/or Auto Body and Repairs at Central, Lee, Phillips, and Lee Arrendale State Prisons.
For more information on Fleet Management, click here.
The purpose of GDC's Risk Management Services coordinator is to enhance the Department's mission to protect and enhance public safety by coordinating all facets of Property, All Risk, and Automobile insurance programs. RMS also oversees claims reporting and invoicing, participates in the Commissioner's Comprehensive Audit program, and serves as the liaison to DOAS for audits of GDC facilities for compliance with the State's Comprehensive Loss Control Program.